300 gm - Mandua Kulath (A special type of cereal available only in Garhwal and Kumaon Region. Alternative: Beans)
50 gm - Rice Paste
1 tsp - Turmeric powder
1 tsp - Coriander powder
5 flakes - Garlic
1 tsp - Red Chilly powder
50 gm - Butter
20 gm - Ginger
A pinch - Asoefetida
1/2 tsp - Cumin seeds
Gandhreni small piece
Cooking Instructions :
- Soak the dal(lentils) in water for 1/2 hour. Chop ginger and garlic.
- Boil the dal in water double the amount of dal.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander and half of the chilly powder and salt. When done, add rice paste and cook for some time.
- Before removing the dish from the burner, add cumin seeds,
- Asofetida, gandhreni and rest of the chilly powder.
- Garnish the dal with either little boiled rice or with lots of butter and coriander leaves.